Marie Curie Walk 10 Event

8/17/2014

Hello!

I had a lovely night yesterday supporting the walkers at Marie Curie's walk 10 event where people could walk either 10k or 5k. Hundreds of people turned up and it was lots of fun. My family and I had a picnic.


The event was opened by a rock choir. They sang a number of lovely songs and sounded really good.



After they sang, everybody who was doing the walk participated in a short Zumba session to get warmed up. They all looked like they were having lots of fun!


The Mayor cut the ribbon by the starting line (I know it says finish but it said start on the opposite side) to open the event and the walk began.


I cheered everybody on with my pom-poms and a whistle as they came half way. I cheered them on again when they were coming through the finish line. Another band played as people were finishing and they were amazing too! Cute little candles lined the walk from the finish line.



I'm sorry my darker pictures aren't in as good quality because I forgot to take my camera and had to take the pictures on my phone :(

There was a fireworks display as we approached 10:00pm- the time Marie Curie nurses start their shifts.


A girl from a circus was doing tricks with fire and even put the fire in her mouth! She was amazing.


Overall, it was a very nice night. I had lots of fun with my family, cheering on the walkers, having a picnic, listening to the music and watching the firework display. I can't wait to go again next year (I walked the 10k last year and hopefully will next year!).

Hope you enjoyed reading about my night,
Bye xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts